About Don Sampen
- Resides with his wife Im in Lincolnwood
- B.A. from Northwestern University, Evanston
- J.D. from Northwestern Law School (Magna Cum Laude)
- Recently published a novel entitled “The Whims of War” about the American Revolutionary War: www.amazon.com/Whims-War-Don-R-Sampen
Experience and Qualifications
- 30+ years of Legal Experience
- Partner, Clausen Miller, P.C.
- Legal career focusing on commercial litigation and appeals
- Former Assistant Illinois Attorney General
(Chief, Public Interest Division and Special
- Has litigated hundreds of cases
- Published numerous articles on the law
- Part-time Professor at Loyola School of Law for 13 years
Pro Bono work
Don always believed strongly in educating the next generation of attorneys. He has taught a number of different law school courses throughout the years, including trial practice, pre-trial litigation practice, and, most recently, insurance law. He taught the insurance law course at Loyola Law School for 13 years and published articles on a variety of important legal topics. He has volunteered his legal services with organizations fighting human trafficking and is active in his home community of Lincolnwood on the plan commission.